Indoor Air Quality
Did you know the air inside your home could be up to 100 times more polluted
than the air outside? It's true. The air we breathe in our homes is loaded with
pollutants like pollen, lung-damaging dust, pet hair, dander, dust mites,
tobacco smoke, spores, disease-causing bacteria and viruses. No wonder the
U.S. Environmental Protection Agency lists indoor air quality as the fourth
largest environment threat to our country.
Services We Provide
- Service 24 hours a day ,365 days a year
- Repair of all makes and models
- Installation of Bryant and Payne products
- Duct Cleaning using ROTO brush
- Heat load Calculations
- Trained Technicians
- Duct design
- Financing through GE Capital
Air leaks throughout your home can make you and your family uncomfortable
as well as cost you money. Inefficient insulation can lead to walls and ceilings
that are cold to the touch in winter and are hot in the summertime making
your heating and cooling system work harder to keep your home
comfortable. Today's homes are being built tighter with more insulation and
are becoming virtually draft-free. Older homes that had natural air leaks
through the home are being remodeled with newer, air tight windows and
added insulation. While these changes can make your home more energy
efficient, they can also lead to a number of filtration problems.
- Particulates and pollutants are trapped and build up inside the home
settling on countertops, floors and other surfaces. Airborne particles
are carried and recirculated through the house via air ducts.
- Typical 1" throwaway filters only trap about 5-15% of polluting particles.
- Airborne irritants including pollen, dust mites, cat and dog dander and
- Biological Contaminants- bacteria, mold, mildew and more.
- Microscopic Particulates from building materials, carpets amd
furniture, insulation, hobby projects and more.
What You Can Do to Treat These Issues
- Open windows when weather and other conditions permit.
- Keep clutter away from all vents
- Change your A/C filter according to manufacturer's recommendations.
- Bathe pets regularly and keep pet beds and litter boxes.
- Run your heating and cooling system blower when vacuuming and
dusting and make sure return vents are unobstructed to keep
airborne particulates from settling.
- Have your ducts cleaned professionally.
What SKI Heating & Air Conditioning Can Do to Solve the
We have several solutions, starting with cleaning your ductwork with ROTO
brush duct machine. We can install Bryant Perfect air Purifiers and Bryant UV
lights. Give us a call today to set-up a time to look over your solutions.